- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS ‘O BRICKLE or 5 Heath bars, crushed
1 Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9×13 baking pan. Combine flour and brown sugar in large
bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg; mix well.
Stir in 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips and nuts; set aside 1-1/2 cups mixture. Press
remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Pour
sweetened condensed milk evenly over hot crust; set aside 1/4 cup toffee bits.
Sprinkle remaining toffee bits over sweetened condensed milk. Sprinkle reserved
crumb mixture and remaining 1/2 cup chips over top. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or
until golden brown. Top with reserved toffee bits. Cool completely in pan on
wire rack. Cut into bars. About 48 bars
I alter this recipe by adding 1 cup graham cracker crumbs in place of 1 cup of flour.